This easy Cranberry Coffee Cake is made with Greek yogurt, fresh cranberries, and contains a streusel filling and topping. Perfect for morning meal, brunch, beverage time, or dessert.
Yield: Serves 9-12
Cook Time: 40-45 moments
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 glass granulated sugar
Zest of 1 large tangerine
1/2 cup butter, at room-temperature
2 huge eggs
1 cup simple Greek Yogurt (we used Chobani)
1 teaspoon vanilla plant
1 cup fresh cranberries
Streusel Filling and Topping:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup lightly stuffed brown sugar
1/2 tsp surface cinnamon
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1. Preheat the range to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set-aside.
2. In a method bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cooking powder, cooking soft drink, and salt. Set dry components apart.
3. In a small dish, combine granulated sugar and tangerine zest. Rub together with your hands until fragrant. Using an electric powered mixer, ointment together the butter and sugar blend until fluffy, about three minutes. Include the eggs, one at a time, beat until smooth. Beat in Greek yogurt and vanilla herb. Combine until well combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Carefully fold when you look at the fresh cranberries.
5. To make the streusel topping and completing, place the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a method dish and blend really with a wooden spoon. Work the butter to the combination with your fingertips until evenly distributed.
6. Pour 1 / 2 of the coffee cake batter to the prepared cake cooking pan and sprinkle with half the streusel topping/filling. Spoon the residual batter over the filling, spreading carefully. Sprinkle aided by the continuing to be streusel.