Angel Food cake with fresh berries and cream are always a crowd pleaser but this Berries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle is a show stopper and out of this world good!
One of the best summer desserts is angel food cake! We always eat a few of them in the summer. In the past I always bought them from the store but a few weeks back I finally made this Best Angel Food Cake at home and realized it’s not hard at all!!! I will usually serve the cake with fresh whipped cream and fresh summer berries like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries! It makes for a nice light dessert but a few weeks back I was having friends over and wanted to make a pretty dessert that was full of summer goodness and this Berries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle was perfect!
Berries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle is just as pretty as it tastes. Layers of white cake and fluffy whipped cream have beautiful pops of color from the berries. It’s a red, white and blue and perfect for Fourth of July! You can make it up and the juices from the berries soak into the cake and make it out of this world, crazy, insane good! (How about that for excitement?) If you make this Berries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle for your friends and family they’ll all be impressed and crown you the best Fourth of July host ever!!
Author: Aubrey Cota
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 cups strawberriies, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 18 oz. blueberries
- 12 oz. Raspberries
- fresh mint to garnish
- in a stand mixer whisk the heavy cream, starting slowly and increase speed
- once it starts to thicken slowly add the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar.
- keep whisking until stiff peaks are formed (making sure to not over beat and turn to butter)
- place strawberries and granulated sugar in a bowl to macerate for 15 to 30 minutes
- cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes
- place a layer of angel food cake cubes in the bottom of the trifle dish
- top with a layer of mixed berries
- spread a layer of whipped cream on top of the berries
- repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish
- finish with a layer of whipped cream
- top with a few berries and a sprig of mint
new website http://promeat-industry.ru/