The swaps teamed with giving the batter slightly additional whipping before pouring in to the mini-bundt pans triggered an excellent buttery banana sponge cake. The mini cakes had a soft tender texture, and numerous spring straight back, without getting chewy. They did apparently need a bit more sweetness, which was immediately provided with the glaze. After cooling somewhat, the glaze poured in smoothly, soaking in only only a little and never hardening too much.
I was a tad too happy with the result, and it surely will probably be showing back at my scale :/
Baby Banana Bundt Cakes with Vanilla Caramel Glaze
Author: Robin Gagnon (partially based on recipe from Cooking Light)
Recipe kind: Dessert
Baby Banana Cakes - banana sponge-cake in mini bundt pans, and topped with Vanilla Caramel Glaze.
- 1 stick of softened butter (1/2 glass)
- ¾ glass sugar
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 method banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 glass flour
- ½ tsp baking dust
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Grease & flour the mini-bundt pan.*
- Ointment collectively the butter sugar and salt.
- Mash banana well and overcome with eggs, increase butter blend combined with vanilla and milk. Overcome well.
- Stir the baking dust and cinnamon to the flour, to make certain even circulation, then add the the mixing dish.
- Beat before the mixture is creamy in persistence. It should be some thicker than standard dessert batter, but smooth & silky.
- Dollop into the mini bundt pans. Fill ¾ full and smooth tops with back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Toothpick will take out clean and tops will likely be light golden brown. (Mine had been perfect at 22 mins.)
- Add the components to a tiny non-stick skillet over med-high heat. (Crumbing the brown sugar helps it dissolve rapidly.)
- Keep stirring, the sugar will melt quick. The glaze will quickly bubble up. Eliminate from burner once it offers thickened just a little, but nevertheless seems some thin to use (it will probably thicken whilst cools).
- Let it sweet two moments before glazing the banana cakes. It ought to be dense enough to gradually roll negative aspects of cake, not rigid. (if it hardens you over cooked to candy stage, begin over).
*If you do not have a mini bundt pan standard dimensions cupcake or muffin tins can do (cooking time may need to be adjusted just a little)