This Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes recipe appears as one of the technical difficulties into the Finale episode of The Great British Baking Show.
- The jam
- 500g (1lb 2oz) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 500g (1lb 2oz) jam sugar
- For the sponge:
- 175g (6 oz) unsalted butter, at room-temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 175g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs, outdone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- 300ml (10½ fl oz) double lotion
- icing sugar, for dusting
- The jam, place the strawberries in a sizable saucepan and crush with a potato masher.
- Add the jam sugar as well as heat carefully, stirring constantly, through to the sugar dissolves.
- Keep stirring, enhancing the temperature, bringing it to the full rolling boil, one that bubbles vigorously, rises when you look at the cooking pan and cannot be stirred down.
- Begin timing and boil for four moments just. Pull from heat and reserve to sweet.
- For the sponge, preheat the range to 190C(170C fan)/375F/Gas 5. Lightly oil the tins with butter.
- To help make the cakes, ointment the butter and caster sugar together before blend is pale and light. Gradually include the beaten eggs, combining really between each inclusion and scraping along the edges of bowl every so often. Include the vanilla herb and blend to mix.
- Sift the flour in to the dish and fold in before the mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Divide the blend between your mini sandwich tin glasses and level with a tsp.
- Bake regarding middle rack associated with range for around fifteen minutes until golden-brown and springy to the touch.
- Leave the desserts to cool in the tin for just two minutes and then ease onto a cable air conditioning rack and then leave to cool entirely.
- Whip the ointment to smooth peaks and spoon into a piping bag fitted with a tiny basic nozzle.
- Reduce each dessert in two horizontally with a bread blade.
- Pipeline one dot associated with lotion in each cake base therefore the sleep in dots all over sides. Drizzle the jam over the ointment, put the sponge tops on and softly sift icing sugar on the desserts.
Tips/TechniquesGear needed: a 12-cup mini sandwich tin and a piping bag fitted with a 1cm/½in plain nozzle
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Lemon sponge cake.
CARIBBEAN POUND CAKE
Double Sponge Cake Recipes Video