A Jamaican Christmas special event just isn't complete without old-fashioned Jamaican Christmas Fruit cake. It has been a favored present amongst Jamaicans throughout the Christmas time period. This dark and spongy cake is a labor of love this is certainly abundant with flavors from rum soaked fresh fruits. It is very popular during the holiday season and it is usually offered with sorrel. Also known as Black Cake or Christmas time Cake.
- 6 ounces or 1.5 cup flour
- 8 ounces margarine or butter
- 8 ounces sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp combined spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 ounces combined peel
- 4 ounces cherries
- 1/2 lb prunes (chopped)
- 1 glass wine/brandy
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- finely grated skin of just one lime/lemon
- 2 tablespoons browning (or burnt brown sugar)
Store Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Cream butter, sugar and browning until smooth and fluffy.
- Sieve all dried out components together
- Beat eggs, wine/brandy collectively.
- Include egg combination to creamed butter and sugar.
- Include fresh fruits.
- Add flour and fold in. Do no over-beat whenever blending.
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Christmas..Anytime FRUIT CAKE Demonstration/Recipe [HD] 2015
Bake a Cake: Christmas fruit/choco cake recipe part 5
Jamaican Traditional Rum/Fruit Cake (aka Christmas Cake)