With Martha Bakes, discover Martha Stewart’s tips and ways to produce delectable cooked items. Be sure to check your local directories to see once the program would be airing in your area.
Follow along as Martha shares her guidelines to make light-as-air angel food dessert, after that discover ways to vary the tastes with a few simple improvements. Martha bakes a classic version, a coconut difference with Swiss meringue and mini brown-sugar cakes. As a plus, she shares a recipe for espresso ice-cream to serve alongside.
Watch an Episode Preview
Martha Stewart bakes various types of Angel Food Cake
Watch This Week’s Baking Tip
Martha shows how to remove Angel Food Cake through the cooking pan.
This Week’s Recipe
Plan forward: enable about 2 days for elderflower syrup to stay at room-temperature prior to starting the dessert.
- For the Elderflower Syrup
- 4 glasses water
- 4 cups sugar
- 20 elderflower minds
- Body and juice of 2 lemons
- The Cake
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 14 huge egg whites (1 3/4 cups), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tepid to warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla plant
- For Offering
- Whipped ointment
- Result in the elderflower syrup: In huge saucepan, combine water and sugar and bring to a simmer over high temperature, stirring sometimes until quick syrup is dissolved. Eliminate from heat and set aside.
- Eliminate the elderflower heads from their stems, discarding stems and placing heads in a sizable heat-safe dish. Add lemon skin and liquid to bowl and afin de easy syrup into bowl, stirring to combine.
- Protect the dish with synthetic wrap or a bath towel and enable to stay at room temperature for at the very least 2 times or more to 4 times. Stress syrup through a cheesecloth-lined sieve and discard solids. Syrup can be kept in an airtight container for many days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With a superb sieve, sift together flour and 3/4 glasses sugar four times.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on moderate rate, beat together egg whites and water until foamy. Include salt, ointment of tartar, and vanilla; beat until smooth peaks form. Boost speed to medium-high and sprinkle in staying sugar, 1 tablespoon at the same time. Beat until stiff yet not dry.
- Transfer to a big bowl. In six improvements, sift dried out components over meringue, folding in rapidly but carefully.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan with removable base. Smooth top with an offset spatula. Operate a knife through batter to release air bubbles. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
- Invert cooking pan on its feet or over the throat of a glass bottle and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Very carefully operate an extended offset spatula or blade around the internal and exterior border regarding the pan to release cake. Place on a plate, bottom side up; cover with plastic place until ready to make use of.
- Provide each slice with a few elderflower syrup poured round the base and whipped lotion and fruits over the top.